The Journals are small notebooks filled with daily logs from the survivors.
Composition Book from We're Alive
- Chapter 1 - Michael begins retelling the story recalling the events of May 8th, 2009 stating "I write this, not really for anyone to read, but for my own sanity. Maybe if I go over it again from the beginning it might make more sense to me, then again maybe not."
- Chapter 4 - Michael writes in his journal with continuous interuption by Tommy and Burt.
- Chapter 5 - Saul writes in the journal on his trip with Lizzy and Burt "I really don't see the point in writing any of this down. Michael, if you're reading this, I just want you to know that I think this is pointless. But what do I know. And if I turn into one of those things because you sent me out here, your ass is lunch"
- Chapter 10 - Datu uses his journal as an outlet for when he was trapped in the arena.
- Chapter 19 - Pegs gives Michael her journal and reveals she hid his and Kelly's journals while Michael was in surgery so the Colony wouldn't know too much
- Chapter 22 - Tanya is scanning all the journals, so that they have a digital copy of the information, but don't have to carry the hard copies, which will save them space on the plane.
- Michael implemented the idea so that everyone had to keep a record of what happens in the tower, for record keeping and to keep track of information.
- Journals are kept by everyone in the tower, with the exception of Bill.