The CH-47 Chinook is a military heavy lift helicopter used by the United States Army.
Link to Wikipedia Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CH-47
- Chapter 30 - The military helicopter that Victor and Saul observed dropping off and picking up the military recon team in LA.
|Chinook lifting cargo|
- Crew: 3 (pilot, co-pilot, flight engineer)
- Capacity: 30-55 troops depending on configuration
- Length: 98 ft, 10 in.
- Rotor diameter: 60 ft.
- Height: 18 ft, 11 in.
- Empty weight: 23,400 lb
- Max takeoff weight: 26,680 lb
- Rotor system: Dual 3 Blades
- Maximum speed:193 mph
- Range:450 mi
- Originally developed in the 1960s, it was used extensively in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Extensively upgraded over time, with new versions still in production.
- Primary user is the United States Army.
- MH-47 is a special variant equipped with precision navigation equipment, used to transport special forces.