User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    "Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    I have some serious doubts certaining the possibility of Tardust joining the good guys. Is he really indispensable? No, the "tech tree" he provides would be a nice addition though. At the moment however, he is not irrepalacable. What shall he actually do? Mixing chemicals? Running Analyses? I believe that this would not yield a great benefit because the overall zombieverse situation can be compared to the Coke recipe: you might know 98% of all ingredients it takes to create it but the rest of the yada-yada magic is hidden in Ink's brain. Another aspect: do you really want to have Tardust standing beside or behind you if you run into a confrontation with Scratch. Tardust cannot be called the pride of creation if it comes to mental stability...

Likes Zombiekiller100, Eviebae, Red Shirt liked this post

Blogger from the 9th Floor of the Tower

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassHigh Level WikiWA PointsTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    I have some serious doubts certaining the possibility of Tardust joining the good guys. Is he really indispensable? No, the "tech tree" he provides would be a nice addition though. At the moment however, he is not irrepalacable. What shall he actually do? Mixing chemicals? Running Analyses? I believe that this would not yield a great benefit because the overall zombieverse situation can be compared to the Coke recipe: you might know 98% of all ingredients it takes to create it but the rest of the yada-yada magic is hidden in Ink's brain. Another aspect: do you really want to have Tardust standing beside or behind you if you run into a confrontation with Scratch. Tardust cannot be called the pride of creation if it comes to mental stability...

- Well, I think Tardust could fit into the gap that has been created when Glen and R2Da2 have vanished from sight.
    - Also keep in mind that the Mallers were very well organized ever since they got freed, when they started to survive in this zombo-world; from Kalani's files we know that the Mallers were heavily involved in analyzing the situation and creating plans for scavenging as well as attacking the monsters big time; and Tardust was a key character in this picture.
    - "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." This may be wrong if it comes to Scratch; but for Tardust this applies 100%.
    - Tardust is an opportunistic, spineless creature; but he is a survivalist anyway. If he has joined the Towerites and Colonists and then encounters Scratch while in a party of Colonists/ Towerites, I think it would be unlikely that he would change sides again; at that point in time he would have realized how much better his life would be compared to his life with Scratch. I also hold it as likely, unless Burt and/ or Saul don't sabotage such a plan, that Tardust could convinve Scratch to join Michael and CJ in order to properly fight Ink; but this scenario would also require Pegs and Scratch to work side by side as well, which is as likely as zombies turn into human beings again ...

Best wishes!
    Liam
    Zombie Story:
    - raises the acceptance of killing humans in huge numbers,
    - reveals everything bad and and even worse about human behaviour and psychology,
    - is fun.

"Fresh Meat"

Status

Gamertag: King Ricemaster
    I don't like how this is turning, but what i don't trust is that fact that Tardust even left Scratch and who ever is alive to follow who ever is leaving the colony. Got this itching feeling

"Hoarder"

Status
    Achievements:
    25000 Experience PointsLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Gamertag: AnotherRedShirt Steam ID: AnotherRedShirt
    Quote Originally Posted by YetAnotherBloodyCheek View Post
    I just realized/remembered something... From the period when Kc was encouraging us to try to guess Tardust's previous occupation.
    When the origin of his name was revealed, I seem to recall that it was also revealed that in addition to being a drug chemist, that he prior to that he was highly educated. (like one or more Master's degrees educated)

Sooo... what did he do back then? Who did he work for?
    He designed the truck fuel bombs, so maybe Petrochemical engineer, Chemist?
    He easily read Angels charts... something in the medical field?
    He turned to a life of being a drug chemist... so Pharmaceutical Engineer?

Who else in WA Los Angeles employed Pharmaceutical Engineers?

With the skill set that Tardust might have, he could be the lynchpin to answering a LOT of questions. Starting maybe with the gasbag sample that Tanya took some threeish chapters ago.
    Last edited by Red Shirt; Apr 25th, 2014 at 10:52 PM.
    "I've got tons of great ideas. Trouble is, most of 'em suck." George Carlin
    "I've got the guns, the radio and the water for the Zombie Apocalypse, but you gotta have a yo-yo." Chris Boden

Hey, get a load of this. Guess who started writing again and has a spot in the fan fiction subforum?

"Destroyer"

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurTagger First ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Shirt View Post
    I just realized/remembered something... From the period when Kc was encouraging us to try to guess Tardust's previous occupation.
    When the origin of his name was revealed, I seem to recall that it was also revealed that in addition to being a drug chemist, that he prior to that he was highly educated. (like one or more Master's degrees educated)

With the skill set that Tardust might have, he could be the lynchpin to answering a LOT of questions. Starting maybe with the gasbag sample that Tanya took some threeish chapters ago.
    I would like to add that an excellent education does protect you from going ballistic if you are in a stressful situation. I am not questioning Tardust's professional knowledge, but I would be very cautious if he starts toying around with chemicals and stuff. Tardust reminds me a lot of Steve Buscemi's character in Armageddon:

Updater of the Wiki

Status
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATH25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Gamertag: G00er PSN ID: Gooergaming Steam ID: Gooergaming

One think that comes to mind, while what you say sounds that it is most likely the case, Tardust couldn't read everything on Angel's sheet, which is why he asked the Doctor what most of it meant. But that's just a little thing, and doesn't really relate to what you said...... Nicely thought out!
    Likes Eviebae liked this post

"Maintenance Team"

Status
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorVeteranBeloved
    Tardust might have, he could be the lynchpin to answering a LOT of questions. Starting maybe with the gasbag sample that Tanya took some threeish chapters ago.
    You make some excellent points. I don't think he's so much mentally unstable as weak. Did he expect to be able to read the chart--as in knew he knew some science.
    SKITTLES?

"Lurker"

Status
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsWell Liked1 year registered
    Tardust is a turncoat and coward, will think of his own survival first only. He will side with anyone except the Zombies to stay alive. Scratch however probably has something on him to keep him under her control as proven by her interactions with her brother ( when they discussed her busting Latch out of jail even though he took the rap for her in the first place : see first season around chapter 8 if my memory is correct ).
    Kc is setting us up again, building tension and having a quiet smile at our speculations. Don't recall anyone predicting the double deaths in chapter 44:3.
    Also give Kc some slack over the sound of Burt's drill ! The sound effects in WA have been superb. Being hands on in the medical field , the CPR by Saul on Lizzie was 100% realistic as are the other sounds of medical equipment etc that have been used so far. I can only guess how much time and thought has to go into editing and re-working each chapter before release.
    Well done Kc and the Team, keep us guessing.
    Likes Storm, Footbutt, LiamKerrington liked this post

Zombie humper

Status
    Achievements:
    WA PointsPro Level Wiki Editor10000 Experience PointsBelovedVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by Duffusmonkey View Post
    Tardust will be kept alive for bait, either for Scratch or for The One With The Markings, but don't listen to me all my Theories are killed off by KC eventually.
    Yep.... Thanks KC for killing off a character that I feel guilty about liking ;(
    LOOK AT MY AVATAR!!!!! I have a bottle of trioxin 245 in my hand and I am NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!!

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425