User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tower Librarian

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredWiki AmateurTagger Second ClassBloggerExtreme Love50000 Experience Points
    Wow, serving my first negative rep. Thanks for the milestone, dude.

"Lurker"

Status
    OK, I accept that my post was trollish. Kinda a drive-by shooting. Let me elaborate on what I meant.

First, let me say that I LOVEEEEEEE the first 2 seasons. I have listened to both of them twice and they are awesome. I think everyone here agrees to that. Also, I think it's my unnaturally strong love for the first two seasons that has caused me to lash out about the third season. I acknowledge that the third season is only getting started. I also acknowledge that it does not suck. But I have been disappointed in the story so far and I'll tell you why.

I'm going by memory here, but it seems to me that by this point in season 1 and season 2, there had been way more action, or even just stuff, happening. Heck, in season 1, there was a zombie apocalypse, fighting their way out of a gun vault, driving through the city, rescuing some people, killing more zombies, and clearing a building in just a few episodes. Maybe I'm crazy, but season 3 so far has furthered the CURRENT story by about 1 or 2 parts compared to what we've seen happen in season 1 and 2. Granted, lots of time has been taken up with filling in back-story. It's kinda interesting, but still, it is the PAST. The past cannot be as interesting as the present, at least to me. And doing all of this past stuff at once smells a lot like EXPOSITION. Exposition is bad. It should be doled out in small, bite-sized amounts; I feel now like I've had my fill and I keep saying to the computer, "get on with it!"

OK, commence bashing. I can take it.

omnipresent

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassExtreme LoveVeteran50000 Experience Points

Gamertag: t0dd i5 d3ad PSN ID: --- Steam ID: --- Wii Code: ---
    No actually..good on you for jumping on here and defending yourself/explaining...while some will disagree with your opinion, most will acknowledge that it's just that...an opinion..everyone is entitled to those.
    KAW

W/A convoy supply and general manager: info? follow ? > @_toddisdead

"Lurker"

Status
    Thanks, 7odd.

Oh, I forgot to mention one more thing I am unhappy about:

I miss Burt! He's my favorite character!

Gatherer of Degrees

Status
    Achievements:
    Bug Hunter First ClassTagger First ClassWiki AmateurVeteranWell Liked10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by 7oddisdead View Post
    No actually..good on you for jumping on here and defending yourself/explaining...while some will disagree with your opinion, most will acknowledge that it's just that...an opinion..everyone is entitled to those.

I agree. Good on the dude for coming back on and showing he's not a drive-by poster.
    "I have better things to do tonight than die."
    -Springer (while loading a mortar shell)

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Loose ends had to be tied up before the story can move into the new arc for this season. It only makes sense if you think about it from a storytelling standpoint and not just from a listening standpoint.

That said, good to see you're not just here to thug it out.
    joint-point-counter-joint

"Lurker"

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
    Loose ends had to be tied up before the story can move into the new arc for this season.
    If the loose ends hadn't been tied up yet, what disaster would have occurred?

Dadmin

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First Class50000 Experience PointsPro Level Wiki EditorLOVED TO DEATHVeteran

Quote Originally Posted by jswap View Post
    If the loose ends hadn't been tied up yet, what disaster would have occurred?
    The disaster is in clean storytelling. At some point, they have to be tied up....ok in theory. You could leave them all loose and what not.

But the point is, now that we've knocked this stuff out, we've gained some more knowledge, the characters have more information about what happened to them and can inform future decisions with Kalani's back story. This is as good a time as any to take care of this. It can't be all action all the time or you'll never get the chance to appreciate what the characters are feeling and going through. If the chopper never landed, we never would have received the tid bit about Michael feeling like the rest of the Tower Survivors are like family, more so than any member of the armed forces.

That's why the story has to slow down every once and a while, and that's why it makes sense after the epic nature of the Season 2 finale that you have a bit of action at first, followed by some downtime and exploration.
    ~Ra1th: Nik doesn't sleep, he waits.~
    ~TCM Revolver: ra1th needs to be on the look out for cars that appear to be moved recently, and nikvoodoo on the rooftops
    Voodoo Lounge Here!! Twitter: Follow Me, Follow WA Follow WND

"Lurker"

Status
    Fair enough. I guess I'd prefer to get these tidbits in between gunshots, but I'm weird that way.

Ostentatious Legume

Status
    Blog Entries
    Achievements:
    BloggerBug Hunter First ClassWiki AmateurWA PointsTagger Second ClassExtreme Love50000 Experience PointsVeteran

This thread is in danger of jumping the shark now.
    joint-point-counter-joint

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast