DICE is done with spin-offs. The next entry in its blockbuster shooter franchise is finally shown off.
Also there is the Fault Line series going on, they are going to post a full 12 minute video of it soon though. Check out the 3 episodes they released so far!
[UPDATE: If they get 1 million likes on their fan page on facebook, they are going to reveal their 12 minute trailer earlier than April 17th!]
http://www.facebook.com/battlefield?...05494772808486 <--- Fan Page link.
[UPDATE The Fault line trailer is out, 12 minutes of game play footage!]
Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA378g_gD1I
Episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o19IjFD9sBg
Episode 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pnzx-MPpMSo
So far only 4 maps have been confirmed for Battlefield 3, each are remakes of popular BF2 maps which will be released for BF3 in a DLC called “Back to Karkand”.
Gulf of Oman - http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/8...gulfofoman.jpg
Sharqi Peninsula - http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/914...ipeninsula.jpg
Strike at Karkand - http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/79/...eatkarkand.jpg
Wake Island - http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3...wakeisland.jpg
The Assault class carries a primary weapon consisting of an assault rifle — like the M4 and AK-47 — and has the ability to resupply ammunition to teammates.
The recon carries a sniper rifle for long range engagement, and has the ability to call in artillery strikes (unlock).
The medic is armed with a Light Machine Gun and has the ability to drop med packs to heal wounded soldiers, and has the ability to revive fallen soldiers as well.
The Engineer’s primary role is to engage tanks and armored vehicles with an array of rocket launchers such as the RPG-7 and the AT4. The primary weapon is a carbine rifle.
Expected to be release in Fall 2011.
EA announced the beta to be expected in October, so those of you who picked up Medal of Honor Limited Edition would have gotten beta keys to gain access! (Source is from their Twitter)
- Character animations will be powered by ANT and focused on realism.
- Level destruction will be "believable."
- AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation sets
- Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
- Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
- Better, more immediate post release content
- More unlocks than BFBC2
- A good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
- Will have co-op
- BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
- Balanced pacing in single-player mode, with highs and lows.
- Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
- Original story, not based on Bad Company.
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/battlefield?...05494772808486
Battlefield 3 Blog - http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/
Official EA Site - http://www.ea.com/battlefield3
Battlefield 3 Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_3
Battlefield 3 IGN Preview - http://ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1152959p1.html
Official Twitter - http://twitter.com/Battlefield
Fan Blog - http://bf3blog.com/
Stats Verse (BC2) - http://bfbc2.statsverse.com/
Which console are you planning on getting it for?
Basically, OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG CANT WAIT!